Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ALEX


ALEX or the Alabama Learning Exchange is a wonderful website for teachers. It is a free resource that allows teachers to search by subject, grade level, and topic. After finding what you are looking for you can easily find lesson plans for that topic. The lesson plans are very detailed. The objective of the lesson plan is stated. The time that it will take to complete the lesson is given. Also, the materials needed for the lesson are listed as well as other resources that may be useful and the things that you need to prepare for the lesson. The procedures to carry out the lesson plan are provided in great detail. Basically it breaks everything that you need down into easy to follow instructions. The website also provides links to other sites that prove useful for the teacher or the student relating to each lesson plan. Another thing that I really liked was that as a member you can create you own workspace where lesson plans can be stored and you can submit your own if you like. You can also submit variations to lesson plans if you find something that works better for you and would like to share it with others.
I found this website very easy to navigate and the information provided very useful. As a parent I immediately searched for lesson plans relating to topics that my second grader is currently learning. I intend to use some of them to help my daughter at home. I think that this is not only a wonderful resource for teachers but anyone that may work with children or that have children of their own. I feel that I would definitely utilize this website in the classroom. What a wonderful resource!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

GREAT job Brooke. I am really glad to hear that you can use this website in your future class' as well as help your daughter. I love to hear that parents are taking an active roll in their children's education. I so wish more parents would do the same.