Wednesday, November 12, 2008

EDM 310 Podcasts

Well, I will start by saying that I think everyone did a wonderful job on their group podcasts. I know that it is difficult to get with a group and work together when we all have such busy schedules, so overall I think that everyone did great considering!! Now for the critiques!
I will start with my group, which included myself, Kimberly Pierce, and Ashley Corley. Our topic was, Blogs that we found being used in the classroom. I will start by saying that I know that we were nervous at least I know I was and the first group was a tough act to follow. I know that we could have definitely been more conversational and less like reading. I think that it is obvious from listening that we read straight from a script and makes the podcast less interesting. I know that I personally was not very expressive. Overall, I feel that it was definitely a great learning experience!! Subscribe on iTunes or LISTEN HERE.



The second podcast that I listened to was about how blogs can be used in the classroom and some of the pros and cons that come from the use of those blogs. This group consisted of Keller Leathers, Rachel Beaty, and Joy Wiggins. I think that it is safe to say that everyone was impressed with the job that these girls did. I will say that it started off sounding like a script was being read but once the girls got comfortable their podcast became much more conversational. Other than a few simple mistakes I felt that for their first time at podcasting they did an exceptional job! Subscribe on iTunes or LISTEN HERE.


The third group that I listened to discussed ACCESS and ALEX, two new programs of the Alabama Department of Education. The ladies in this group were Susan Smith, Bridgette Thompson Hall, and Angela Minish. I think that these ladies definitely provided some wonderful information about these two programs and were very knowledgeable about the topic. Like most of the other groups they could have been more conversational but overall I feel that they did a great job!
Subscribe on iTunes or LISTEN HERE


The final group that I listened to was Jennifer Harris, Alison Hawes and Amelia Perkins. They discussed how technology is used in their classes at the University of South Alabama. This group seemed to have a good time during their podcast. There were lots of laughs and giggles. I think I even heard Dr. Strange laugh once or twice. I thought these ladies did a great job of connecting with each other. At first it was a little hard to follow and there were a few pauses but as a whole they did pretty good.
Subscribe on iTunes or LISTEN HERE.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent self evaluation. Keep up the good work