Wednesday, November 26, 2008

EDM 310 and Blogging in the Classroom

I have reviewed many of my fellow classmates blogs including, Keller Leathers, Marlena Marsh, Joye Wiggins, Jill Revette, Bridgete Thompson-Hall, Kimberly Pierce, Matthew Cline, and Ashley Corley. From reviewing these blogs I believe that we have all learned a lot about blogging. I belive that most of us are fairly new to blogs. This semester has really opened our eyes to the possibilities of the benefits to blogging.
I think that we all agree that blogging in the classroom can be a really effective resource! This goes for all age groups, from elementary to high school. They can be used to keep parents informed about what is going on in the classroom, post students homework, showcase students works, publish student writings, and much more. We have all reviewed classroom blogs that use them for the purposes that I have just mentioned. I think this class has really allowed us to see how many ways we can use this resource in the classroom.
From listening to my classmates and reading through their blogs I believe that most of us plan to use this resource. I think that we all agree that this is a wonderful tool. Best of all it is free and provides an intimate connection between the classroom and parents at home as well as many other viewers. Best of all students can also correspond with students here in the U.S. and international students as well!!
I believe that as future educators it is our responsibility to introduce technology to our students and keep them up to date in the fast growing world of technology. Blogging is one way that we can do this. I think that my classmates would agree with me. It seems that we all agree that blogging is a wonderful tool!!!!!!!!!!!